Join WordPress >> Click Here
Thank you for Stopping By!! I have something really exciting for you, ENJOY!!!
Here is a video of me dancing with one of the world dancers from NYC. A little teaser for some of my hobbies. Something I do while traveling also. I will be posting more videos often.
Hurricane Harvey-Tropical Storm
Houston August 25, 2017
Here is what you need to know about Hurricane Harvey,
- 2 million people will be affected with this Hurricane.
- Harvey started as a category 3 and will grow bigger with winds up to 125 mph by Friday night.
- 34 inches of rain, flooding, and a force to make serious damages to houses and public areas in addition to uprooting the trees.
- It will hit the gulf coast from Corpus Christi, Texas to New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Estimated 5 billion in damages.
Are you ready for this ?
Many people have been preparing to face Hurricane harvey for couple of days. Here are some tips:
- 3 gallon of water per person for cooking, drinking and oral hygiene.
- Freeze some water in a or ziploc bag, and fill coolers with ice last minute (you don’t want ice to melt).
- Buy canned food such as meat, fruits, vegetables, juices and check the expiration dates.
- Buy boxed milk
- Cereal, soup, oatmeal and granola bars, trail mix, peanut butter, jelly, beef jerky, bread, crackers, cookies, fresh fruit and protein bars are all good to have in case of emergency.
- Don’t forget to buy baby food if you have one, also pet food.
- Flashlight with extra batteries, car charger and bank for mobile phone, battery operated digital TV with car charger adapter.
- Grill with extra propane and charcoal.
- Place matches and lighters in waterproof container.
- Manual can and bottle opener.
- Cleaning supplies, heavy duty gloves, duct tape, heavy duty outdoor extension cords, waterproof tarps, plastic sheeting, rope, basic tool kit, smoke detectors, and carbon-monoxide detectors.
- Battery 2 way radio in case cellphones don’t work.
- Fire Extinguisher
- Place all your important documents, such as medical papers, insurance, bank statements, social security, passports, jewelry and expensive personal items in a waterproof container.
- First aid kit, enough supply for prescription drugs, vitamins, pain reliever, antibacterial soap, toilet paper, tooth paste, shampoo, mosquito repellent, lotion, and antibacterial wipes.
- Buy a generator
- Secure your windows, and doors.
- Remove all your items from the backyard and place them inside the garage.
- Fill up your gas tank.
- Cut the extensions of trees around your house to minimize damage.
- If you are in a flood zone, buy sandbags and place them on the doors to minimize the water coming in.
- Clean your drains from all the debris and tree leaves to ensure proper water drainage.
- Stay in and don’t walk or drive when the hurricane is in full effect.
- In case of flooded areas, DO NOT walk around especially next to bayou areas because many could have snakes, and alligators which can be harmful.
For many who like to evacuate, it is better to start acting early before it is too late. Back in 2005, Hurricane Rita caused a mass evacuation estimated around 3 million people. Between 90-120 people died in this evacuation. I remember it took me 6 hours to leave from Houston Downtown area to the woodlands which is 20 miles. On the way I witnessed the burning of a bus, people suffocating from heat, others as a result of hyperthermia in their cars and many more tragic incidents.
If you are planning on evacuating, follow these steps:
- Fill up your tank
- Check your tires, make sure you have a spare one.
- Buy some food, water, and personal items incase you had to stay in a hotel, or be stuck in traffic.
- Turn off your car if you see the traffic is not moving, and keep windows open.
- Check the traffic, roads safety, and make sure it is safe to take that route.
- Don’t drive in the HOV lane, as many people were stuck due to traffic after hours, they run out of gas.
Stay safe and hope Hurricane Harvey will pass with no damages. Remember safety and preparation comes first.
Donations for Hurricane Harvey:
Track the Hurricane :
To view more updates on Hurricane Harvey:
Thank you for stopping by, please like, share and follow.
In our time where social media is big part of our daily life, people tend to reveal their daily stories, personal life, even their family, friends, location, restaurants, travel and the list can go on. Social media is a double sword. It can be used for good or bad cause. Bottom line, a little education can get you far in your life if social media is used carefully.
What are the differences between Jealousy and envy? In this blog I will go deep into explaining most differences and impact on our society. I will analyze the correlation in between those two bad habits that people tend to do without previous thoughts.
What is Jealousy?
Jealousy is when someone is wishing to have what others own at that moment. Acting jealous mainly can be very abroad such as between friends, family, strangers, superstars, singers, and actors, anyone you see on social media or TV. It could be beauty, status, position, or something tangible like a car, house, etc. You can be driving a car that some of your friends will comment and say “nice car, man I wish I had that car.” It is nothing bad with being honest when it comes to close friends. Another scenario is when a girl is actually staring at another girl because her boyfriend is looking. That is another type of jealousy which most of the time causes arguments between couples. Do you see the differences between these thoughts that goes in the mind of human being? It could be vice versa. Let us not go deep into couple problems, we are focusing on jealousy here. Another scenario which most moms notice that when big brother playing with little brother at younger age get into arguments and end up fighting. Big brother does not want his little brother to play with his favorite toy. Mom comes in the middle and most likely little brother gets what he wants. Funny HA! Most of us went through and you know exactly how it ends up. Little brother wins, then jealousy hits, and big brother thinks his mom loves little brother more. Honest jealousy is another thing. You can tell someone that you are jealous because they are traveling to your favorite place that you cannot afford at the moment. But if you start wishing that person to have the worst experience and hopefully something comes up so they won’t travel, it becomes envy and this is what will discuss next. Notice that there is a thin line between Envy and Jealousy.
What is Envy?
Envy is when you wish harm to someone because either you don’t have what they have, or you own it but you don’t want others to obtain it. Mainly this horrible act is between same circle of family, friends, neighbors, or people we just met. A friend of yours pulls in with a nice car and your comment will be “man!!! How can he afford this expensive car?” Why would anyone want to ask this question? It could be because he knows something is not right about that person, or because he doesn’t want that person to drive a nicer car than him. All this is not important. When you see your friend is driving a nice car, before you make that comment above, many thoughts come in your head which are: How come I don’t have money to buy that car? How do I make more money to afford better car? Why is he making more money than me? I will let that sink in your head for little. Another scenario is when you are in college and one of your friends decided to be a doctor and you choose different path. Ten years down the road you see your doctor friend is making it, nice house, car, money, and beautiful chic to be his wife. Now, here is the tricky part, a family member will point out that your friend is living the life and you just barely making it; In a way calling you a loser. This is where it triggers enviness and you start asking all the negative questions. Going back to the car scenario, if you are not happy with what car you drive, maybe you should do something about it. A better approach will be “congratulations on your new car, I wish you a better one on your next one and maybe one day when I get a nice car like yours, we can go racing.” How hard is that? This will make a huge difference and will change your mindset of seeing things from a different perspective. You will have the motivation to look for better job that will allow you to afford nicer car.
Do Not Compare yourself or let anyone compare you with others
Can you envy or be jealous of Bill Gates on his success? Of course NOT!! Reason is that there is a big gap between a normal person and Bill. There are many steps to become as he is today. We tend to be jealous from people that are same level. For instance, a doctor can be jealous from another doctor because he is more successful. When a doctor is envy of another doctor is because he doesn’t want him to be a doctor in the beginning, and if he is more successful, that person wishes him harm and wants that taken away from him.
Envy and jealousy are bad habits, a soul destroyer and nobody wins at the end. This bad trait can be acquired from the way we were raised by family, or anyone that we surround ourselves with. Therefore, pay attention parents because envy is not a good way of building personalities by comparing your children to others. Some people were born rich, some born poor. Do not say loser, but instead say unfortunate. You can train your kids to challenge themselves to do better in life overall. It is no one’s fault to be born they are. I want to focus on the parents as a general and normal way of acquiring good manners. Please teach your kids to be happy with what they have. If they want more, they need to work hard for it. Teach them how to help and be happy for others. Kindness and positive energy will create a positive return energy.
Social media is very tricky. People have access to view their friends and family business. They see all these people with nice cars, travels, expensive cloth etc. It takes a strong and smart person to take control of these thoughts. People are training their brains to think negatively on a daily basis. What do you think this will lead to? This will lead to a shallow minded society with negative thinking, full of envy and jealousy that will create a social disaster. I hope that people start thinking about being happy with things that they have, because there are people out there that have 10% of what we have. Parents play a huge role in creating future generations. I suggest you start acting now before it is too late.
A doctor will envy another doctor, a singer will envy another singer, a homeless will envy another homeless, and if you chose to do the same, you are definitely on right path of destroying your brain slowly. If you want to ne jealous, control it, be truthful in order to be motivated and do good for yourself.
Thanks for reading! Please follow and share.
Cancun is full of many activities. Best advice I would give you is to plan what you want to do before you get there. Buy your packages from legit agents-never online- because it is 3 times more expensive. This is one of the cool activities that must do to experience one of the best reefs in the world. As you see the sculptures, Musa is amazing. It is very friendly activity for singles, families, and couples.
This is my video from my trip to Mexico snorkeling in Cancun near Isla Mujeres .. Watch this full video of me snorkeling on my youtube channel.
Thanks for watching. Please share and follow.
Most of you, of course, have been to Cancun Mexico, but many people fall into these things that if known in advance, it will save you money and time. Here are the things that you do and don’t do in Cancun once you land.
- Don’t take 1st offer as final.
As soon as you get your luggage, you will see people approaching you to offer a cab with jacked up prices. Depending on where you going it should be no more than $25-$30 going from airport to downtown area. Also it is better to arrange your pick up through the hotel, it will be way cheaper.
- Double check on menu prices before you eat in restaurant tourist areas.
Speaking of service, Can I say Horrible? YESSS!! I ordered 3 mini-tacos and 1 drink for $17. Now am not cheap but that was very expensive comparing Mexico VS USA with price and portion, also took 30 minutes to deliver dish from time of taking order. And not to be mean, tacos were horrible, I got charged extra for cheese.
- Do not buy tour packages online.
If you are looking to buy tour packages online, prices are triple what you can pay if you walk around and purchase from a legit agent in a kiosk that has a business card, cellphone and location. I wanted to buy tour for 4 activities online, price was $365 vs $60 with the same tour. $305 is lots of money to do with in Mexico. Coconut water was $10 in Cancun VS $4 in Puerto Rico. That is a rip off.
- Keep your immigration paper entrance.
When you go through customs, they give you a red paper that has a number once you enter the country. DO NOT THROW IT IN TRASH! I had to pay $30 to get another one because I didn’t know I had to keep it, and of course NO ONE TOLD ME. DUH!
- Airport Terminals
Read you tickets carefully and make sure you will be dropped off in the right terminal. My ticket said Air-Mexico and in small letters beneath said operated by Delta airline. My taxi driver dropped me on a terminal where Air Mexico operates but wrong terminal, so I had to pay $15 for another cab to drive me from one terminal to my actual terminal so I won’t miss my plane. Luckily I made it on time. I guess my mistake but I was PISSED!
Do not use drones in tourist areas like I DID!! I had to run away once I got caught. HEHE!! Watch videos below
- Do not drink tap water, buy sunscreen from the where you coming from as sunscreen is triple what you pay for in Mexico. Keep cash money at all times. You will need Pesos. Make sure that when you exchange currency, the rates are good. Also buy OFF spray to keep mosquitos away. OH BOY!! those bites are no fun. Hydrate at all times, because the sun will get you.
Cancun was a great experience. There is so much to do there. Tulum, Coba, Cenote, Snorkeling, Museum under water and Cancun beach are small portion that I got to do in 3 days. Do not waste your time in clubs and drinking, I mean you can drink but not excessively because it will drain your energy and you will miss the real fun adventure. JUST SAYING!
Thank you for stopping by. Please share and follow.
The minute I found out about the restrictions for all US citizens from traveling to Cuba, I was very disappointed. Main reason was I had planned to visit Cuba and explore the island with their unique culture, food, music, dancing and history. Coming from a person who loves traveling and adventures, I had to sit back and think why would president Trump would take such a decision?
I want to eliminate the fact that some people think Trump is reversing everything Obama administration did. Also take out the fact Trump wanted to build a wall between USA and Mexico. Without any bias, I asked myself the very good question that any person with brain would think about.
For most of us who heard him say that he did that because he doesn’t want to support the military of Cuba. Hmmm! OK!! Let’s agree with him on that one. One reason is not enough to convince half the nation to make such decision. In any situation when making a major decision in life, people with common sense they create a list of pros and cons. So let’s put these and see which are more and based on that we can make that decision and agree.
- This act means no more support to the military and the Cuban government.
- Support the human rights for the Cuban people against the regime.
- By giving them “appeasement” the Trump administration argues that this act is giving the Cuban government more power, it must be reversed.
- Cutting off the people of Cuba from resources coming from outside.
- Business owners in Cuba already have hard time making a living, by diminishing tourism, their income decreases.
- Cubans’ main income is from nowhere except the island itself, their additional income from from tourists.
- Many Cubans had their homes as a place to stay for tourists. Their income comes from renting space, cooking food and also dance lessons. 3 incomes from one visit.
- Americans will look for other ways of traveling to Cuba, either through Canada or Mexico.
- This ban will create more conflicts between 2 countries.
- Communist countries will take advantage of this act and give the Cuban government a better reason to keep doing what they are doing.
- American airlines will lose their route to Cuba, and some revenue will be lost.
- Average family income in Cuba is $25/month. Tourists will help those families survive for 4 month if they spend $100. Imagine!!!
- By this decision, we created a wall restricting Americans to have the freedom of travel which is against our values, with some exceptions.
The good news is that you can still travel to Cuba under certain rules and regulations. But it is more difficult than before. To find out more click here.
I believe deep down that these restrictions are for long term personal business interests. Who knows? Time will tell. You be the judge. Viva CUBA!!
Don’t forget to follow and share! Thanks for stopping by.