The minute I found out about the restrictions for all US citizens from traveling to Cuba, I was very disappointed. Main reason was I had planned to visit Cuba and explore the island with their unique culture, food, music, dancing and history. Coming from a person who loves traveling and adventures, I had to sit back and think why would president Trump would take such a decision?
I want to eliminate the fact that some people think Trump is reversing everything Obama administration did. Also take out the fact Trump wanted to build a wall between USA and Mexico. Without any bias, I asked myself the very good question that any person with brain would think about.
For most of us who heard him say that he did that because he doesn’t want to support the military of Cuba. Hmmm! OK!! Let’s agree with him on that one. One reason is not enough to convince half the nation to make such decision. In any situation when making a major decision in life, people with common sense they create a list of pros and cons. So let’s put these and see which are more and based on that we can make that decision and agree.
- This act means no more support to the military and the Cuban government.
- Support the human rights for the Cuban people against the regime.
- By giving them “appeasement” the Trump administration argues that this act is giving the Cuban government more power, it must be reversed.
- Cutting off the people of Cuba from resources coming from outside.
- Business owners in Cuba already have hard time making a living, by diminishing tourism, their income decreases.
- Cubans’ main income is from nowhere except the island itself, their additional income from from tourists.
- Many Cubans had their homes as a place to stay for tourists. Their income comes from renting space, cooking food and also dance lessons. 3 incomes from one visit.
- Americans will look for other ways of traveling to Cuba, either through Canada or Mexico.
- This ban will create more conflicts between 2 countries.
- Communist countries will take advantage of this act and give the Cuban government a better reason to keep doing what they are doing.
- American airlines will lose their route to Cuba, and some revenue will be lost.
- Average family income in Cuba is $25/month. Tourists will help those families survive for 4 month if they spend $100. Imagine!!!
- By this decision, we created a wall restricting Americans to have the freedom of travel which is against our values, with some exceptions.
The good news is that you can still travel to Cuba under certain rules and regulations. But it is more difficult than before. To find out more click here.
I believe deep down that these restrictions are for long term personal business interests. Who knows? Time will tell. You be the judge. Viva CUBA!!
Don’t forget to follow and share! Thanks for stopping by.